- Santa Cruz Symphony — Embracing the Dance
- Electrifying Performance by pianist David Jae-Weon Huh with Monterey Symphony
- Horszowski Trio at the Trianon Theater in San Jose
- Puccini’s La Rondine at Opera San Jose
- Aria Women’s Chorus Presents “Missa Femina”
- YMMC – Violin Prodigy Nicholas Brady Performs Kabalevsky Concerto
- Morgenstern Trio Triumphs!
- Carmel Music Society presents Philharmonia Baroque
- Korean Pianist Ji at Steinway Society the Bay Area — A sonic Artist!
- Pianist Nikolai Lugansky
- Paderewski Festival 2017 — Gala Recital by pianist Magadalena Baczewska
- Paderewski Festival in Paso Robles — Youth Piano Competition: Awards Winners Recital
List by Category
The San Jose Chamber Music Society presented a superb concert of the Horszowski Trio on November 12 at the Trianon Theater in San Jose. The program leaned heavily on the early Romantic period with trios by Schumann and Mendelssohn. But the central work was the world premiere of Night Migrations by Lisbon-born Andreia Pinto-Correia, commissioned by Chamber Music America for the Horszowski Trio. Read full story
On Sunday, April 9, at 3:00 pm at Sunset Center, the Carmel Music Society presented three of America’s most exciting chamber musicians — David Finckel, cello, Wu Han, piano, and Philip Setzer, violin — in the second of two concerts featuring the complete Beethoven Piano Trios. The program was:
- Piano Trio in G Major, Op. 1, No. 2
- Piano Trio in E flat Major, Op. 70, No. 2
- Piano Trio in B flat Major, Op. 97, “Archduke”
Approaching this concert, my initial feeling was that for me (and probably most of the audience at Sunset Center), yes, it was nice that we were going to hear two Beethoven Piano Trios that are less often performed, but the work I was really going to enjoy the most would be that great classic among piano trios, the famed “Archduke Trio” in B-flat Major, Opus 97. Read full story
Chamber Music Monterey Bay continued its 2016-2017 season last night at Sunset Center with a return visit by the Kalichstein-Laredo-Robinson Trio. This year Pianist Joseph Kalichstein, violinist Jaime Laredo and cellist Sharon Robinson are celebrating the 4oth anniversary of joining to become a trio, and during their long career they have established themselves as the world’s premiere piano trio. In welcoming the audience at the beginning of the concert Executive Director Douglas Ambort reminded us that there was another significant milestone, for CMMB this year is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
Alexis Bachman, Fabio Bidini & Alexis Pia Gerlach
Trio Solisti gave us compelling performances yesterday evening at Sunset Center.
The three musicians, violinist Maria Bachman, pianist Fabio Bidini and cellist Alexis Pia Gerlach, were at the top of their form, both individually as virtuosi in their own right and as ensemble musicians responding to each other’s sensitive nuances in performances that kept us deeply involved for an hour and a half.
It might have been billed as A Night in Vienna, as San Jose Chamber Music Society presented its first concert of the 2016-2017 season at the Trianon Theater in San Jose on October 23. The Vienna Piano Trio made its third appearance on this series over the past thirteen years. The ensemble was formed in 1988 and only recently welcomed its newest member, violinist David McCarroll, a native of Santa Rosa, California. Matthias Gredler, violoncello, and Stefan Mendl, piano, complete the Trio, based in Vienna. Vienna was also the home base of the three composers whose works were on the program, illustrating the importance of that city in the history of classical music. Trios by Mozart, Brahms and Schubert made up this tasty menu that contained large helpings of gorgeous melody.