- Pianist Kate Liu performs for Aptos Keyboard Series
- Kevin Lee Sun — Winner of the 2018 Carmel Music Society Piano Competition
- Steely Spectrum: A Recital by Pianist Kate Liu
- Organist Jonathan Dimmock at St. Dunstan’s Episcopal Church
- Chanticleer Christmas at the Mission
- Cantiamo at the Carmel Mission
- Madregalia Christmas Concert in Monterey
- Christmas with the Camerata Singers
- Hartnell Community Choir — Winter Concert, December 16, in Carmel
- Christmas with the Santa Cruz Chorale at Holy Cross
- I Cantori di Carmel at the Mission
- Soprano Michelle Bradley & Pianist Ken Noda in Miami
List by Category
On Saturday, January 19, at 7:30 pm in Carmel’s Sunset Center, Chamber Music Monterey Bay will present the Borromeo String Quartet with guest clarinetist Richard Stoltzman.
In their 25th year of music making, the Borromeo String Quartet embody a spirit of adventure and inimitable artistic excellence. They play exclusively from the composer’s manuscripts off of laptop computers, with exuberant and breath-taking interpretations of classical masterpieces. Their simultaneously skillful and poignant performing is world-class and puts them in a category all of their own. Moreover, they are on the forefront of educational musical platforms, champions of new technologies used in music, all while being dedicated to the highest level of music making.
The quartet’s resume is studded with honors such as Avery Fisher Career Grant, the illustrious Cleveland Quartet Award, a stint as Quartet in Residence on NPR’s Performance Today, and multi-decade residencies at the New England Conservatory, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and Taos Festival. In a few words the BSQ is just “simply the best.” (The Boston Globe).
For tickets call (831) 625-2212
Steinway Society – The Bay Area is proud to present highly regarded Russian pianist, composer and transcriptionist Vyacheslav Gryaznov in a recital at 2:30pm, Sunday, February 10 at San Jose’s Trianon Theatre. Winner of numerous prestigious competitions, Gryaznov proved immensely popular in his 2016 West Coast debut with Steinway Society, prompting an enthusiastic request that he be invited to return. Since then, he has gathered acclaim at Berlin Philharmonie and Carnegie Hall, among others, and his piano transcriptions have skyrocketed to the top 10 piano music list of Schott Publishing, a world leader in sheet music sales. A pre-concert lecture begins at 1:45pm and a Meet-the-Artist follows.Read full story